So far £35,290 has been donated to various projects since the inception of this initiative in 2003. The donations have been used for different purposes some of which are listed below.
- One of the nutritional eeding centres of the St. John’s mission is olely maintained by donations from this initiative. Between 25-30 children are given three meals a day.
- The Girl’s home is Gangodawilla has had the kitchen and all the shower rooms totally refurbished.
- The same Girl’s home also acquired some essential kitchen utensils by using donations from this initiative.
- So far more than 8 sewing machines have been donated to the Widows Empowerment project.
- The Printing shop in one of the Vocational Training Centres is equipped with the help of a grant from LCIF, Lions Club International Fund and donations from this initiative.
6. Shrewsbury Lions club is sponsoring an “After School Programme” at Mallavi starting in 2011
Click here to view donations so far.